Wear Tek is a Privately owned business that was founded in 2004.
The Company was founded based on our custom MC3 Wear Plate technology of Chromium Carbide overlay plate of which we are the sole manufacturers and currently supplied throughout the Australasia Region. Since then our scope of capability has grown to encompasses the fabrication and supply of the following:
- Mining and Quarrying – Shovel and excavator liners, truck liners, bin liners, transfer chutes, crusher liners, etcs.
- Cement Plants – Impact plates, classifier cones, clinker chutes, bin / silo liners, cyclones.
- Power Plants – Fan blades, chutes and hoppers, pulverised fuel lines, screw conveyors, ash piping.
- Pulp and Paper – Debarking, liners, chipper hoods, impact plates, cyclones, bark chutes, flat back elbows.
- Steel – Pelletising plants, sinter screens, coke screens, feed bins, distribution chutes, blast furnace armour plates.
The MC3 Wear plate was developed using Australian technology. The refined microstructure within the MC-3 Wearplate overlay is based on a ‘micro-carbide’ system, which combines the improved wear resistance and impact resistance of the martensitic and complex carbide deposits into one plate without cost effectively creating ‘3 plates in 1’.
At Wear Tek all our plate is manufactured and tested in house, meaning our Clients get the same high quality every time. We pride ourselves on our innovation, consistency and adaptability, this mindset allows us to supply our Clients with a fit for purpose solution with the highest quality materials at competitive pricing.
As the manufacturer, we can offer our clients piece of mind knowing they are going to get consistent high quality product every time. In addition, we can supply fabricated products at highly competitive price.
MC-3 Wear plate has been developed using Australian technology and applying a ‘customer-orientated solution’ rationale. By assessing the key features of traditional chromium carbide overlay products, processes and even quench and tempered steels in successful abrasive wear applications, a discriminating production process was designed to produce a chromium carbide overlay that pushes beyond the application limitations of existing products.